[Steppes] staffing events - just wondering

Chris Harper bice.pietro at charter.net
Tue Mar 22 13:55:46 PST 2005

At 05:47 PM 3/22/2005 +0100, you wrote:
>Why is it that for working gate, water bearing and set up, 75-80% of the
>volunteers are women?
>
>Catalina
>Aurum Peccamenes multifariam texit.

Speaking for myself only, it is because those are the things I am
physically able to do.  I cannot stand for long periods of time nor can I
walk very far at a time.  Working gate and cutting oranges and pickles,
while sitting, are right up my alley.  Set up is a different story but I
make a great supervisor. :)

Along the same lines; it sounds funny to say that I never see a "list
master" only "list mistresses".  Of course the men are usually fighting so
I guess we have to excuse them on that one.

In (limited) service,

Bicé
Loch Ruadh