[Steppes] Masked Ball Feast Prep day

alkudsi at aol.com alkudsi at aol.com
Fri May 27 12:27:22 PDT 2005

Lindenwood Seneshal, as I don't have access to the Lindenwood list, would you please post the following for me?

June 18, from 1 p.m. until ?, HL Saqra would like to request the assistance of the Lindenwood group, and any member of the Steppes who is interested, in doing feast prep for the Lindenwood Masked Ball.  As an incentive, you will get an advanced taste of some of the dishes, and learn something about ME cooking.  If you are not a cook, don't let that stop you!  There will be a lot of chopping, skewering, and other forms of non-skilled jobs available.

Right now, the menu for the Ball includes:

Chicken / beef kabobs
Shiraz bi-Burgul (a salad dish with curds, leeks, celery, and mint)
Grilled vegetables with pomegranate marinade
Saffron Rice
Hummous with pita and feta cheese
Hulwa (a candy with nuts)

The main prep work involved will be preparing the kabobs and making the Hulwa.

Please reply off-list to alkudsi at aol.com or call me at 972/492-7203 if you will be able to help.  Also, I will need some assistance at the Ball in finishing the feast -- particularly help in doing the grilling of the kabobs and veggies and helping keep the tables full.

Honorable el-Sayyidda Saqra al-Kudsi
Feastocrat, Lindenwood Masked Ball