[Steppes] Warlord Word fame

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Tue May 31 10:02:34 PDT 2005

This years warlord was one of the most fun I have seen it years, and I think
Gerita and David need alot of word fame, love and support in this endeavor,
and I hope to see them strong and well enough to autocrat again soon.
Ansteorra needs such dedicated individuals who's sole focus is making sure
that the event is a celebration that all can enjoy.

Some unsung heros that didn't get covered in the other posts.

Lady Elizabeta di Valore della Rosa for her love and dedication to the
equestrian community, trying to make sure everyone was informed, involved,
safe in the rain and in addition and most importantly, she personally paid
for the insurance for the equestrians for the event, putting great faith in
the reimbursement system.  She transported games to and from the event, as
well as dealing with the excitement and hard work bringing her new baby Max
to the event for us all to behold.

Lord Hrafn Olaffson, the Steppes Baronial Knight Marshall who was completely
punctual and stood quietly on that field for hours waiting to do armour
inspections and get people to the right marshall to authorize.  He left the
huge party Saturday night in our encampment early so that he would be in
good shape to see to his duties the next day.

In addition, he was the first guy I would see run to aid any with a heavy
burden, the first with an umbrella over ladies in the rain, and the first
person to abandon his chair when a lady or someone who was injured was
standing.

Lady Sueko Tenchi for the strong support she gave the entire autocratic
encampment area.

We had a newcomer named Eric in our encampment who after he set up the three
tents for his family went into merchants row and helped every merchant he
saw trying to set up.  When they offered him payment he refused saying that
he had been taught that the spirit of the dream was to lend aid and
hosptiality to others.  If you met him you know of  his great deeds, if you
didn't I am sure you will hear his name alot in the future.  He later Friday
night went wandering with Duncan and Timo, the next day unrecovered from
that adventure he fought in his first tournament. (laugh)

His lady Stephanie gathered up the roaming hordes of children brought them
into her tent from the rain and fed them.  In addition to that she was seen
helping clean up and reclaim in many encampments after the first storm hit,
I am truly proud of them both.

To the throngs of people who raided my camp and caused a spontaneous party
Saturday night.... um thanks (laugh) was fun and I am sorry for all of you
who woke up with a tequila hangover...just ask Baron Fritz I believe he has
some insight on all that ;)....!!!!  Master Corwin had a wonderful time with
his vigil and the ensuing party outside in the trees.  Was a blast, count on
us doing that again real soon :)

Thank you Lord Ulrich for the grace and elegance in which you handled
yourself on and off the field, you are truly an inspiring gentleman.

Thank you to my Household Clann Ross for as always working as a team to help
each other and those around us.  And for the chivalry you show always on and
off the field, you always make me proud.

To our Baron and Baroness, you had the incredibly hard job of being there
for everyone and "on" for a long weekend to see to everyone's needs and
comfort.  You two are the shining stars of grace, beauty, elegance and
kindness, our Barony flourishes because of your love and attention.

To Lady Margarite McBriden, any Pelican would be proud to stand next to you
for the service you have shown your Barony, you go girl!

I thanked House Bloodstone in letter form, but here I will say I hope that
any household in Ansteorra who wishes to be known for great deeds take up
the challenge to sponsor an event for newcomers as Bloodstone did, they were
incredible.

Your Grace Willow, thank you and to those of my most beautiful and gracious
sisters from the garden who attended that tea.  Her Grace Willow kept us
inspired and entertained and was the morning glory she always is, enchanting
our Kingdoms newest members.

And finally to Baron Borek, I am completely convinced that no event in this
Kingdom would be complete without the long list of your good deeds.  You are
the poster child for unselfish service and unquestioning dedication to
everyone around you.  Your hands probably helped everyone attending this
event known to them or not, as you always manage to do.  Thank you from my
heart to yours.

I will now retire to my sitting room to discover which resturaunt I shall
try and lure Gerita too this week, because that Lady deserves from
pampering!

Much love and affection.

Larissa