[Steppes] to my friends in the SCA

alkudsi at aol.com alkudsi at aol.com
Fri Nov 18 11:57:27 PST 2005

This is a day of glad tidings for me.  As many of you know, I have been torn with uncertainty after losing touch with family in New Orleans in the afermath of Hurricane Katrina.  The past several months, my sister and I have been under the cloud of the prospect of having to fly down there to get authorities to open their house, and/or to identify them through the use of DNA matching.  Thankfully, neither option is now needed.  By regular contact with the Find Family Call Center in Louisiana, I learned this morning that they are indeed alive and well as of yesterday.  I have no further details as of yet, but I should be getting further details later today, and maybe even a phone call from them tonight.

My thanks to those members of my SCA family who with their thoughts, prayers, and support have helped me keep the faint hope alive that this day would come.

HL Saqra

P.S.  If someone would please post this to the Elfsea list, I would appreciate it greatly.