[Steppes] FW: [Lindenwood] Upcoming events and corrected dates (long)

Vicki Marsh xaraxene at comcast.net
Sun Nov 20 17:45:25 PST 2005

If you are on the Lindenwood, I apologize for the duplication. However, I
thought that if you were interested in what Lindenwood is planning, you
should read below:

Greetings, Lindenwood,

Now that the busy holiday season is upon us, please mark your calendars for
some of the upcoming events in our Canton and our region.

Nov. 26 - Banner Making and painting (or iron-on transfers) at Xene and
Llywelyn's house - 11 am until whenever.

Bring your materials, sewing machines, drinks, and meats to throw on the
grill.

	302 Sweetgum Drive
	Cedar Hill, TX 75104
	972-299-9867

December 1 - Lindenwood Populace and Business meeting. 7:30 pm at JayCee
Arts Center in Irving.
Costumes preferred, but not required. Let's skip the Potluck this time, due
to the busy holiday season.

December 10 - Lindenwood Yule Revel
We do have the site starting at 1 pm. (Philip, when do you want to open up
the site - still at 6 pm?)

December 16 - Steppes Christmas party www.steppes.org (see the December
Calendar)The party will be a potluck at our new Viscount and Viscountess'
house!

December 17 - Needlework class in Emerald Keep with Lady Prudence. We can
meet at Xene's house and travel together to save gas. Lady Prudence taught
an awesome class on drawnwork this past week. It's so much fun to learn
something new!

	I have a concert in Dallas that evening, so I will need to leave by 4 pm.
(got myself doublebooked again).

December 31 - New Year's Revel at Xene and Llywelyn's? More information to
follow.

2006
January 5 - Lindenwood Populace and Business meeting. 7:30 pm at JayCee Arts
Center in Irving.
Costumes preferred, but not required. Let's skip the Potluck this time, due
to the busy holiday season - again.

January 7 - Steppes 12th Night.
	The plan so far is to have a table for the Canton and to work site
tear-down and cleanup as a group. We are making Lindenwood banners, tabards,
aprons,
or baldrics for that reason.

January 14 - Coronation in the Canton, TX civic center. Those who are able
to, are helping Master Philip with running the Children's events. I know
that some people will not be able to assist because of running their own
booths, and that's okay. I hope to go shopping at my favorite artisans'
booths, too!

January 28 - Queen's Champion at the Bedford Boys Ranch in Elfsea. Perhaps
we could put together something for that event? Or make favors for HRH
Valeria? We can discuss this at our Dec. 1 meeting.

Feb. 2 - Lindenwood Populace and Business meeting. 7:30 pm at JayCee Arts
Center in Irving.
Costumes preferred, but not required.

Feb. 14th - End of Pre-registration for Gulf War. We do need to discuss if
we are planning on camping together as a group, or want to camp with
Steppes, or what.

Mar 2 - Lindenwood Populace and Business meeting. 7:30 pm at JayCee Arts
Center in Irving.
Costumes preferred, but not required.

Amiliona was able to reserve the Senter East building in Irving for us on
June 10th and July 29th. We will be discussing our schedule for this summer
at the upcoming populace meetings and will be taking bids for Midsummer's
Ball. We are considering putting in a bid for Queen's Champion and combining
with with Midsummer's Ball, but we need to determine is the Senter East site
would be workable for a Queen's Champion. If not, perhaps we could have a
Rapier Tourney and Midsummer's Ball combination?

Wow! You're still reading this.....and we have one more thing for next
November 2006.
The National Boy Scouting Museum has asked us to do a demo for their "Cubs
in Armor" theme at the Irving museum. The date is not set in stone at this
time, but may be November 11. This could be a wonderful opportunity to
attract new members and get national publicity as well.

Many, many thanks to Lady Sunnifa and Lady Maria for all the work they are
doing in the Canton and all over the Kingdom. Recently, Lady Maria received
word fame from Mistress Dyan for her hard work in the children's activities
at Three Kings.

Vivat Lindenwood!
The Small Canton with a Big Heart.

Mistress Xene