[Steppes] SCA at Celtic Heritage Festival

Nancy Chevalier chevalier8278 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 13:28:19 PDT 2005

I know it is a bit late in the game for this.

  But,this weekend is the Celtic Heritage festival at
Bedford Boys Ranch.  I know that the baronies did not
plan on fomally attending as a demo, but it might be
nice if a few folks came to represent the SCA.

    As a way to help groups who recieve low attendance
the festival is handing out passports to the kids. The
basic idea is to have the kids visit each group like,
SCA, weaves, clans, irish dancers, and so on and the
kids must answer questions in their little passport
book about each organization.  I am told that there
are planned to have about 250 kids running around with
these books and each kid has a parent, at least one,
that they belong to.  The kids get a prize if they
complete the entire passport.

Sooooo, we could get a lot of buisness drummed up just
for having a few people in garb there to answer
questions.   I plan on being their anyways and will
answer questions if people spot me in my garb.
Besides they do have a spot for us if we want to set
up.

YIS,
Ldy. Aurelia