[Steppes] Steppes Fighter Practice - 10-30-2005

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Mon Oct 31 16:51:14 PST 2005

Accoldaes to HL Guillaume de Troyes
For the best letter of intent

Schedule of certain events:
Normal Fighter Practice
Sunday Afternoons
2 PM to 6 PM
Mary Heads Carter (MHC) Park
Carrollton
Loaner Armor available - 1st come, 1st serve

November 6th:
Joint War Practice will be held with our sister barony,
Elfsea joining us at Mary Heads Carter (MHC) park in Carrollton.
2 PM until 6 PM or when everyone gets tried.
Combat Archery will be involve in the scenarios.

There will also be a "Buckler" tournament held this day -
best to my knowledge it will be held at the beginning of the practice.
Call it 2:30 PM. This tournament is being sponsored by His Royal Highness,
Sir Qadi 'Abd al-Mahdi Jamal ibn Hakim.

By my count there should be 6 bucklers available to fight with.

November 11th, 12th, and 13th -
CLASH OF THE TARTANS
( otherwise known as 3 Kings - see entire message on Ansteorra list)

People in armor: 7
Children: 4
Total in attendance: 24

Weapons used this day:
Sword
Danish Axe

Shields used this day:
Heater
Kite
Buckler

The usual reminder:
Please bring at least 1 gallon or more of water and gatorade. I
recommend 2 gallons of fluids and snacks to replenish your
energy levels. Plus, various types of snacks - cold pickles
- oranges - energy bars - etc...
- Bring Chairs for you to sit upon. There are two water fountains in the
park, plus
there are several stores close by that carry these items and more.

Fighter Practice involves just that - practice and training.
To reach our goals, then both words come into focus.

Training involves separate levels -
Basic level to "good"
Man-At-Arms and/or Squire entry level
Centurion level
Tournament level

Practice is to reach the above levels, maintain those same levels,
then going beyond those levels to stretch one's boundaries.

At the end of practice, all who was present joined together at one
of the local buffets in the area for Sunday dinner.

In attendance this day:

Clan Ross:
Centurion Morgan Buchanan (Squire to Sir Earl Duncan)  - Central Region
Knight Marshal
     and his lady, Lady Ciannait Chaimbuel
Lord Richard of Durnsford (Squire to Sir Earl Duncan)
    and his lady, HL Mary Elisabeth
Lord Hrafn Olafsson (Squire to Sir Earl Duncan) - Steppes Knight Marshal
     and his lady,
        Lady Elizabeta di Valore della Rosa (Apprentice to Duchess Larissa)

House Porto:
Sir Duke Miguel Sebastian de Oporto
  and his lady,  Duchess Conal Alexandria O'Riordain
  Vicar and Vicaress of Steppes

Condottieri:
Lord CinaedOHosey and children
   daugther - Tori
   and sons - Jon and Nikko
Lord Michael Kettering

Sir Count Gunthar
     and his lady, Hanna von Dahl

HL Philip

Lady Honour du Bois
Lady Gabrieler

Lord Eirikr Elgr
   and his lady, Lady Elinor Salter
    and son - Ian

Lord Faelan Caimbeul,
   and his lady, Lady Regan Campbell

Iliana.

Hl Philip got back into armor to get back up to speed as a heavy fighter.
Lady Gabrieler came and started upon the path to becoming a heavy fighter.

Instructions provided by Sir Gunthar, Centurion Morgan, Lord Curtis,
Lord CinaedOHosey and additional experienced fighters.

Individual fights witness this day:
Lord Richard with buckler and sword
       vs Lord CinaedOHosey with buckler and sword
Lord Richard with round and sword
      vs Lord Eirikr with sword and danish ax
Lord Richard with buckler and sword
       vs Lord CinaedOHosey with buckler and sword
Centurion Morgan with round and sword
       vs HL Philip with kite and sword
Lord Eirikr with sword and danish ax
       vs Lord Richard with round and sword
HL Philip with sword and invert sword
      vs Lord CinaedOHosey with buckler and sword
Sir Gunthar with heater and sword
      vs Lord Richard with round and sword
Sir Gunthar with heater and sword
      vs Centurion Morgan with kite and sword
Lady Honour with buckler and sword
      vs HL Philip with buckler and sword
Lady Honour with buckler and sword
      vs Lord CinaedOHosey with buckler and sword
Sir Gunthar with heater and sword
      vs Lord CinaedOHosey with kite and sword
Lady Honour with buckler and sword
      vs Lord Richard with round and sword
Centurion Morgan with kite and sword
      vs Lord Eirikr with sword and danish ax
Lord Eirikr with sword and danish ax
      vs Lord CinaedOHosey with kite and sword

YIS,
 Lord Michael Kettering
  Combat Archer for the Condottieri
  King's Archer