[Steppes] Refugees in co-workers home

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 13:11:41 PDT 2005

Hi, all.

My co-worker currently has 16 family members sharing her home. (That brings the household population up to 18, including Chemetra and her baby boy.)

They aren't SCAdians, but they are good people in need. They range in age from two grandmothers in their 60s, to 2 year old babies.

Her immediate need is two sleeping bags, pillows, towels, toilet paper, and food, preferably easily prepared. I think paper plates and cups would be very nice for her at the moment as well.

They are going to need clothes, toiletries, and everything else soon, too, but these sundries will really help. Chemetra is working the phones and really pulling everything together, but she looks about ready to collapse. 25 members of her family are currently refugees in our area. They don't know what's happened to their homes, or one of the grandfathers, who refused to leave with them.

If anyone can help, please contact me off list -- reese_esther at yahoo.com

Thanks!
Esther