[Steppes] Coronation

Michael Smith morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 10 04:22:31 PST 2005

Well, it's really not circumvention.  You have to look at design and intent
when defining a weapon.  Our "weapons" aren't designed to injure, although
they CAN.  They are designed however, for a sporting contest, with safety in
mind.  We don't intend on using them as weapons.  I'd MUCH rather get hit
with malice by someone who picked up one of our swords than be hit with
malice by someone with a softball bat, which is also designed and intended
to be sporting equipment.  A real sword may be INTENDED for non-lethal
stuff, but it's still designed to be a weapon, for example.