[Steppes] Borrowing items for theatre production - and calligraphy help

Morgan Cain (Ret.) morgancain at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 14 04:36:57 PST 2005

Me again.  Doing Shakespeare, would like to borrow a few things, if people are willing:

1)    12th Century helm.  We actually need this for the duration of taping someone saying two lines for one of the apparitions.  (For those in the know, this is Plan B.)  The actor has a fairly large, round head, but it doesn't need to fit perfectly.

2)    Tapestries, banners, etc.  The lobby is a sponged light purple with gold spatters (works for other shows, not for this) and I have been told that I may NOT paint over it.  So I figured I'd hide it.  The theatre has some panels of fabric but I'd like to do something cooler.  We'd need these from about February 1st through the 20th.  It's a small and L-shaped lobby with several chunks of wall that need to be hidden.

If you have things we may borrow, please let me know at morgancain at earthlink.net

The calligraphy help is because I learned the logo on the website is not available for other use.  So we need to get something FAST for the program (goes to print January 30th), posters, T-shirts, etc.  In a way it is good, because the thing our webgeek found is pretty dark and doesn't reproduce well in print.  The basic idea is a blackletter-style "M" in knotwork with a bloody dagger through it, but variations are welcome.  You can see the current logo at http://fct.serverpro3.com/fctweb/Auditions.htm

If you think you can design something, please contact me.  If you think someone else can, pass this request to them and have that person contact me.  No money, unfortunately, but free tickets and glory in the program.

                                                ---= f/k/a "little Morgan"

"Drama is life with the dull bits cut out."
                                             ---= Alfred Hitchcock
"We are here on Earth to do good to others. What the others are here for,
 I don't know."                         ---= W. H. Auden