[Steppes] Mailing list and content filtering

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 06:03:37 PST 2005

If I remember correctly, in the past, even emoticons can bump you because they
are considered as a graphics attachment.  Right?  Sometimes we don't even think
about some of the simple things that we think will "go."
Gab
--- Hubert d'Aigues-Mortes <aigues-mortes at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have noticed an increase lately in content filtered messages, due to folks
> sending emails with embedded graphics, or code.  While these have all been
> inocuous, the mailing list software filters them and discards the message
> (it's a simple form of virus and worm protection).  This all happens without
> the moderators action.  In order to prevent that from happening, please try
> not to send embedded graphics (a perfect example for those using outlook is
> html style email where you have a picture in the background to replicate
> fancy paper), or html coding in your emails.  There is a very good chance
> these will be filtered, and there is nothing the admins can do retroactively.
>
> thanks,
>
> Hubert d'Aigues-Mortes
> Steppes Virtual Scribe
> Qui fait plus, mieux vaux

=====
“... his body curved in a graceful arc as he sank backwards through the ragged veil hanging from the arch ... the look of mingled fear and surprise on his ... wasted, once-handsome face as he fell through the ancient doorway and disappeared behind the veil ...”  p. 886 (abridged).  "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."  J.K. Rowling.  Bloomsbury Publishing, London.