[Steppes] Archery Practice 01/23/05

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 23 17:32:08 PST 2005

Linet,
Love the report!  I couldn't even imagine going out there in those
temperatures!  Brave souls, indeed!  Brrrrr!
Gab

--- Susan Hill <sueorintx at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Four hardy souls braved the icy breeze this morning joined by one intrepid
> observer who, in her very warm cloak, watched as we sent our arrows
> downrange. All of us in garb made a wonderous sight for the passersby on
> Motley Drive.
>
> Our new seneschal, Jon Rolfsson shot his crossbow, getting some of his
> highest scores even though the cold made it hard to hang on to the beast at
> times. The Royal Huntsman, Jaque the Spink also came out, missing his
> highest score ever by only three points, and his goal of surpassing it by
> four. Wil Ironwyrm also joined us and has set down his crossbow for a time,
> to use his deadly bow, once again. Of course, yours truly was there shooting
> the same score for three Royal Rounds in two weeks. I am, if nothing else,
> consistent, at least for now. Honorable Lady Lete Bithespring joined us for
> a time in her lovely and very warm cloak gracing us with her presence.
>
> We were fortunate as the cold can play havoc with equipment. No arrows were
> broken, no tips lost, and no bows damaged by the frigid temperatures, thank
> goodness. It was 23 degrees with a light breeze when we arrived and in the
> mid 30's when we finished. Hopefully the weather gods will smile upon us and
> deliver more temperate numbers for next week.
>
> Yours in Service to the Steppes, Ansteorra, and the Dream,
>
> Lady Linet Grey

=====
“... his body curved in a graceful arc as he sank backwards through the ragged veil hanging from the arch ... the look of mingled fear and surprise on his ... wasted, once-handsome face as he fell through the ancient doorway and disappeared behind the veil ...”  p. 886 (abridged).  "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."  J.K. Rowling.  Bloomsbury Publishing, London.