[Steppes] Archery Practice 01/30/2005

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 30 11:47:49 PST 2005

Please pardon my typing this day, my fingers are still cold. Although the
digits on the thermometer read higher than the past two weekends, it was
much damper and the cold seemed to penetrate every layer of clothing I wore.
Unfortunately our guest was not as hardy as the seven of us that turned out
but we sure looked great!

Three of us Jon, Merewen, and myself managed to shoot our highest scores to
date. Merewen's husband David joined us and proved that he is and will be a
force to be reckoned with. Arcus Ironwyrm was channeling the spirit of Owen
Hell for a while. I wonder where Owen is hiding himself these days. Mundane
life seems to have spirited him away from us for the time being.

HL Lete came by to join us for a few minutes on her way to take care of
other things. A brave soul she is to come out in such damp chill without
need. Thanks Lete for your support.

The final IKAC (Inter Kingdom Archery Contest) standings for 2004 came out
today. Ansteorra placed 11th in Open Bow this year. Arcus Jaque got the
second highest score in the Kingdom in that category. In Period Crossbow,
Ansteorra placed fouth with Arcus Ironwyrm having the second highest score.
In Open Crossbow, Ansteorra placed fifth with Arcus Ironwyrm again in second
place. Well done, gentlemen.

Next weekend is the first weekend of the 2005 IKAC season. Weather
permitting we will plan on shooting an IKAC. I think that there are a few
combat archers who are planning on a possible IKCAC as well.