[Steppes] Populace Friday, 2-25-05

Steppes Seneschal steppes.seneschal at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 21:19:08 PST 2005

I just got a call from a Hightower, and he had a really great idea.
We have had a bunch of people 'drop off the radar' so to speak.  He
thought that if each of us phoned or emailed just 2 people that we had
not seen at any recently meetings, and invited them to populace on the
25th, it would go along way in getting that problem corrected.

Usually I tend to agree with people that much taller than me anyway,
but in this case it's just a good simple solution to the problem of
falling local membership.

People in the SCA go through brown out periods from time to time,  I
think I have gone through about 3.  Usually they have been either
under appreciated or over volunteered, usually both.  But all it takes
is for one person to tell them how much they are missed to get things
rolling again.  It's not really that hard to do, just make the call.
--
Jon Rolfsson
Steppes Seneschal