[Steppes] Business meeting

Ironwyrm hlironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 1 18:57:37 PST 2005

Just for the record I'm very supportive of the change.  I quit attending
business meeting myself even when I should have been there because
very little business seemed to really ever get done, and it took a very
long time to do it.  It's that too many cooks thing!

At least give our new seneschal the benefit of the doubt, if it doesn't
work we can always go back to the old way of doing things!

Ironwyrm

Steppes Seneschal <steppes.seneschal at gmail.com> wrote:
There were a few who told me that they did not like the tone of my
letter about business meeting, and I am sure that there are others
that felt that way and said nothing. I sometimes (usually) come off
gruffer intended. If you want to be at business meeting, then attend.
Just know that the format will differ from those in the past. One of
the reason's that I have taken the time to email the high points of
the last business meeting, populace meeting and the red tape meeting,
was to keep you all informed. This was my attempt to help out. Many
can't make all the meetings. I must.

Business meeting is intended for the officers to get business stuff
done. Several officers had stopped attending because they felt that
their time was not well used.

I have nothing to gain by offending any of you. Your continued help
and support is all that keeps the barony going. Currently we have
several offices that need to be filled, and events that need stewards.
I hope that several of you will take on the challenge of filling one
of these positions.

Jon Rolfsson
Steppes Seneschal