[Steppes] Business meeting notes for 2-1-05

Steppes Seneschal steppes.seneschal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 21:49:50 PST 2005

First of all, the weather could have been better, rain and cold are
not good for anyone.
Secondly, I apologized to the group for the tone of my original email
about the changes in business meeting.  As I wrote earlier today,  I
can appear to be gruff at times.  If you want to be at business
meeting, then please attend. It is not a closed meeting and never will
be.

Now on to the meeting.  We have received our first bid to steward
Warlord. Yay!  I hope there will be others.  If not, I have no doubt
that Warlord is in good hands with this first bid.

Linet Grey reported, as Archery Marshall, that we have consistently
had 5 to 6 people at each practice, even with the cold weather.  She
has also received the new archery butts.  Feb 25th is the Ravens March
event where the Royal Huntsman will be chosen.  Steppes has been home
to the past several Royal Huntsmen, and Linet hopes that this will be
the case once again.  In addition, the Kingdom A&S event will have
combat melees and combat archery

Our new Hospitaler, Alina Weaver, reported that we had a great turnout
of newcomers at 12th Night, and they were well taken care of.  It was
well noted by Their Excellencies.  She wishes to thank all who helped
in this.

Hrafn Olafsson, our Knight Marshall,  reported that the attendance at
heavy practice has been very good despite the bad weather this past
month.  The next practice is at Elfsea, with Gulf War less than 2
months after that.

Katya, our short term Chronicler (who is doing a bang up job and
should be encouraged to stay on)  mailed out the SteppesLetters on Jan
28th. I think it looks great!  As before, her deadline is the 15th of
the month.  She needs "2 cool articles'" for the March newsletter.

Bre'nain,  the Demo Coordinator,  reminded us of the need to have
several people at the North Texas Irish Festival on March 5th and 6th.
 (BTW, Demo Coordinator is not an easy job,  and I don't think he has
a received a pat on the back for this in a long time.  So the next
time you see him, either offer to help with a demo, or buy him the
drink of his choice).

The B&B thanked all present, reviewed the changes with having minors
(16-17 year olds) trained at fighter practice and the waivers needed
for this.   Also, they want to try to add some spark to Populace.  On
the 18th of February at the home of Hubert D' Aigues-Mortes (our
current V-Scribe), they will be holding a mini-court.  They wish to
have the Baronial Guard present and a tad of pomp and circumstance.
It goes without saying that garb is very much encouraged.  They plan
to do this at various times during the year, but not every time.  I
think it's a great idea.  I encourage you all to attend.  Hubert has a
large house, but lacks a sufficient amount of chairs, so you might
want ot bring your own.

Lastly, many of the game boards were turned in and there are now good
digital snaps of each.  They looked great!  All of the game boards
will be due, completed, next week as they are going to Kingdom A&S to
show off our Barony's artisans!  Please see Gerita's earlier post.  I
will alert you when the photos of the boards are available to see
online.

In closing, I want to mention a few things.  I am not very graceful (I
cracked a ladies foot at dance many years ago),  I occasionally mumble
or stutter when in front of large crowds, (don't even ask what
happened when I received my AOA), and I usually come off way to strong
when trying to make a point (my dad was a cop).  These are my faults
and there are  several more.  If I have upset you, then I request your
forgiveness.
--
Jon Rolfsson
Steppes Seneschal