[Steppes] Attendance increase suggestions?

Chiara Francesca Arianna d'Onofrio chiara at io.com
Wed Feb 2 13:16:33 PST 2005

This one is very important. I see something happen every year that
really upsets me. We keep losing our younger generations.

I do not think there is a group more underappreciated than our
youth. I am not just talking about the 18 and under crowd. I am also
talking about our 30 and under crowd. It is like pulling teeth to
get them recognized for service. Harder to get some of you to ask
them to be a head of something.

Not all of them are partiers and drunks. If we give them nothing to
do or a chance at a job or 12 then we are not helping ourselves
either.

Give these folks a chance. I really hate to see that they have to
turn 30 to be appreciated.