[Steppes] Archery Practice 02/13/05

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 13 16:07:14 PST 2005

Good Friends,

At last did the weather gods smile upon us. No bitter cold, no chilly rain,
but a glorious spring day with warm sun and a challenging crosswind rather
than our usual headwind, but no matter, the day was ours! Old Sol blessed us
with warmth and his smile, a fitting day to celebrate the 50th anniversary
of the birth of one of our own, Arcus Jaque the Spink.

There were five of us regulars on the line, this day; Lord Jon, Arcuses
Jaque (the birthday boy), Arcus Wil Ironwyrm, HL Katya, and myself your
humble archery marshal. We had an abundance of well-wishers and onlookers,
as well; HL Francesca Sansovino and her son Andre, Lord Guy-Jin and his Lady
Alienor, and HL Lete Bithespring. We were also joined by some new friends,
unfortunately I did not get all of their names written, but Austin and his
sister, Christine who were joined by their parents, came out for the first,
and hopefully not the last time. Austin and his parents took instruction
from Arcus Birthday Boy and made a very, VERY favorable impression with
their gentle manners and dead-eyes. Should they stick with us, we have some
formidable archers waiting in the wings.

Young Austin shot his first Royal Round today and scored a 48 on the
Children's range. If he shoots two more scores at this score or higher, he
will be the fourth best average in Children's Royal Rounds. We will have him
shooting in this group for nine months more when he reaches thirteen and
shoots with the big kids...the rest of us. His best scores were from  the
farthest ranges, so he is ready to be learning the longer distances as well.
Well done and Well met, young Austin!

The rest of us shot favorably as well. This was the first day which we have
been able to shoot an IKAC this season. Arcus Half Century Today shot an
IKAC of 210. blasting his reported high last year of 196, and the highest
reported score from Ansteorra of 205! Vivat, Jaque!!!!!!!

Thanks to all who came out and shared this beautiful day and thank you to
Old Sol for an early taste of spring.

Yours in service to the Steppes, Ansteorra, and the Dream,

Lady Linet Grey
Baronial Archery Marshal