[Steppes] Archery Practice 02/27/05

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 27 13:23:30 PST 2005

Good gentles, i bid you tidings on this damp and dreary afternoon.

Alas, the field was soggy and puddly today so we could not shoot. Arcus
Ironwyrm was the only person to arrive before my announced departure time
and we talked about the events in Bordermarch yesterday. He has many a fine
tale to tell about killing the opposing army's commander and other fun
things. Unfortunately, two of the three Steppes archers shooting in the
Royal Huntsman Tournament were already exhausted from several battles. Their
fatigue showed on the line, I fear, but the third, our own Seneschal, Jon
Rolfsson made it to the semi finals. Unwittingly, I hear, Her Majesty Cateau
committed some psychological warfare on Lord Rolfsson and per Arcus
Ironwyrm, Lord Jon's composure was somewhat shaken. All of our archers did
carry themselves well at this event and we can be proud of them.

All is well, however, that Their Majesties have a new Huntsman who is from
their neck of the woods. That should make it convenient for him to be at
their beck and call. ;)

Now we can start to plan for Warlord. Ideas are already churning with new
and exciting things. Stay tuned for details as they are worked out.

In service to Steppes, Ansteorra, and the Dream,

Lady Linet Grey
Baronial Archery Marshal