[Steppes] help needed...kind of OT

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 27 18:54:57 PST 2005

I am trying to find something for my son's birthday in the lines of
something to read. He will be 15 on Tuesday but reads at a high level. He
loves the Lord of the Rings, but I would like to find something a bit more
challenging for him along the historical fiction line. Most of the
historical fiction I am aware of is written by women so has a slant that is
perhaps a bit less masculine than he would enjoy. Explicit sex scenes are to
be avoided if possible, but if done tastefully and in appropriate context,
his mother wouldnt mind so much. Has anyone got any ideas? He has been
reading LOTR over and over for three years now and I'd really like to get
him onto something else.

Thanks,

Linet