[Steppes] help needed...kind of OT

Chiara chiara at io.com
Mon Feb 28 17:12:31 PST 2005

One of my favorite books is written by a fantasy author. "Black Horses for
the King" by Ann McCaffrey.

It is about the horses King Arthur brought over from the Arab nations and
breed them for the marsh lands of England. The boy is the writer. He grows
up in this book as one of the leading creators of the horse shoes that help
further help the horses survive. He is about your son's age if not a little
younger when the book starts out.

I have given this book away many times to young sca members and they enjoyed
it.

No sex, minor violence, lot of independent though. :)

Her daughter raises and competes with horses. This book was inspired by her
daughter and the many signs with black horses through out England.