[Steppes] Re: [Wolgemut] Gulf Wars

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 11:53:50 PST 2005

Lady Deianira,

So do I hope that they play at Gulf Wars next year !!  I even got a picture of
them in the chicken outfits!  They posed for me and made funny faces !  They
also added a lot of hilarious entertainment at the Known World Party!!  After
awhile, you didn't even notice the cold!  I talked with Bruno and the other
musician (Micha had left the fort) at the party and I have to let the brewers
know that the home brew was the best beer on site for them.  They said that it
was "real beer."  Remember, there was a keg of Budweiser at the party, too!
(grin)  One other thing they said... they said that there were a lot of
beautiful women at Gulf Wars but they were either married or too young!! Ha!
And they play the best medieval rock I've ever seen!!!

Honorable Lady Gabrielle Honoree de Saint Pierre
Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra

--- Lady Deianira of Rivenstar <deianirars at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just returned from Gulf Wars and it was a real treat to have
> Wolgemut performing there. I discovered the group two years ago at
> Pennsic and I never cease to be inspired by their talent and their
> endless amount of energy. One can not attend a Wolgemut concert and
> leave without feeling, well wolgemut! I have to say, the chicken
> outfits were just hilarious. I was afraid I would have to forgo my
> dose of Wolgemut this year because I can't make Pennsic due to a trip
> to Europe. Needless to say it was a pleasant surprise to hear them
> almost everywhere at the war. I especially thank the group for
> crashing the Northshield party. As one of the dancers freezing her
> tukas off, dancing to your upbeat music made wearing scant Middle
> Eastern garb in 40 degree weather much more bearable. Plus it's not
> everyday you get to hug a German bagpipe ;) I hope that the group
> enjoyed their time at Gulf Wars and will return again next year.
> Deianira

“... his body curved in a graceful arc as he sank backwards through the ragged veil hanging from the arch ... the look of mingled fear and surprise on his ... wasted, once-handsome face as he fell through the ancient doorway and disappeared behind the veil ...”  p. 886 (abridged).  "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."  J.K. Rowling.  Bloomsbury Publishing, London.