[Steppes] business meesting of 4-6-05

Steppes Seneschal steppes.seneschal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 21:21:47 PDT 2005

Sorry this is a bit late.  Here is a quick rundown as to how business
meeting went.  We got started at about 7:40  and ended is at about
8:40.  All the current offices were represented, with the exception of
Rapier Marshal.

We have had a couple of office changes take place.  Our new historian
is HL Gabrielle.   I expect a 'history of the Steppes' revel in the
near future.  We also have had a change in Hospitaler.  Lady Kathryn
(some times called Bob) is now filling this office, with former
Hospitaler Alina staying on as a deputy.

Minister of Arts & Sciences, HL Ciar nic Ruadhan O'Seachnasaigh
reported to us the how  the A&S displays of  GW14 went.  She and
Vinnie both got the highest of marks for their entries.

Knight Marshal, Hrafn Olafsson, reported that their had only been one
local practice since last business meeting, but it did include a 16
year old authorized fighter.  All has gone well with no injuries

Our new Chirurgeon, Lady Anne, told us some, but not too much, of the
excitement that the Chirurgeons had to cope with at GW14.  Be glad
they are around.

Treasurer, Elin the Timid, reported that we have over 8,000 in the
bank, which is exactly where we should be at this time.  Any
outstanding receipts need to be turned in as soon as possible.

Oakenwald Pursuivant, Robin of Gilwell, has plans to get heraldic
commentary sessions going at his home in the near future.  I have
always been impressed by his skill in this area. Be sure to attend
these sessions if you are able.

Chronicler, HL Ekatarina Iadorovna Kharlampieva (I so cut and pasted
your name from the web site) is still taking bids for her replacement.

Demo Coordinator, Brenain Mac Gilla Patraic, reported on the poor
turnout at the two demos' held last week.  I wish to encourage people
to attend the various demos we are requested to do.  That's right,
they seek us out, not the other way around.  There is another Demo
this Saturday from 9 till noon.  See Brenain's email for the details.

Archery Marshal, Linet Grey, reported that we had an arrow and bolt
destroying curse placed on us by a bird that decided to place it's
nest on the range we use at East Field College.  About 10 arrows and
bolts fell to this bird's curse.  If anyone has suggestions on
removing this curse, that does not involve a frying pan, please
contact Linet.

Equestrian Marshal, Allessandra di Giovanni, was not available.  There
was nothing to report at this time.  I think that they are still
looking for a new area to train in.

That concluded the reports.  We do have several offices open at this time.
Please see if one of them might be a fit for you:

	Minister of Children	     taking applications
	Youth Rapier Marshal	  taking applications
	Virtual Scribe			no longer taking applications
	Quartermaster 		      taking applications

UP COMING EVENTS

	WARLORD -
	FALL COURT -ACCEPTING BIDS
	ARTISAN      - ACCEPTING BIDS
	12TH NIGHT  -ACCEPTING BIDS

Well, it looks like the Steppes locker is moving.  We are going from a
10 by 15foot space near Mesquite, to a 10 by 25foot space in
Carrollton, not 10 minutes from park where we hold Sunday fighter
practice.  We are only paying $10 more a month to boot!  The plan is
to completely empty the locker when we load for War Lord and then put
everything into the new locker after the event is over.  As I said
earlier, we are still looking for a Quartermaster, and since more of
us are living on this side of town now, maybe someone will step
forward for the job.

That's all I have to report.  Don't forget the demo on Saturday!

--
Jon Rolfsson
Steppes Seneschal