[Steppes] OT: Job seekers

Chiara chiara at io.com
Sat Apr 16 10:44:32 PDT 2005

I wanted to put out a warning to all that are looking for work right now.

I just got hit by the 5th contracting firm type asking for my ssn, birthday,
and other personal information. Yes I did the investigating to make sure
they were who they say they were but that is not the point.

Due to all the recent rash of identity thefts I have been refusing to give
this out unless I have actually already met with the client and am in the
process of being hired. So far all of them have understood but this is
getting to be ridiculous.

Folks, this is very dangerous stuff. I know we are all needing to work. My
current contract ends next week and I already looking for the next so that I
can afford my kiddo's meds at the end of the month. It makes me sound
desperate. But I am not so desperate that I will give out what I know is
very damaging private information just to get my resume submitted to a
client via a contracting firm. I want a REAL job, to give my loyalty to a
REAL boss. Please be careful who gets your info.

HL Chiara
Apprentice to Master Fritz