[Steppes] Mailing list status

Greylond Aston greylondaston at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 16:04:27 PDT 2005

Actually, several lists inside and outside of the
Kingdom are also "Moderated", which means that
someone(i.e. VScribe)must read each and every post,
then decide wether to send it on to the list. Some of
the lists that I'm on have a very long lag time due to
the volume that must be checked. Also, when all
availible VScribes & Deputies are gone to events or
whatever the list can come to a complete stop. With
the volume of email on Steppes' list it would take
more than one person to handle it. My point is that
other groups' lists handle the extraneous traffic
using different methods, not all the same. If the
Steppes List were to have settings changed to match
what others were doing to control the traffic, then
our Vscribe(s) would soon be swamped.

And really, how hard is it to read an address and
subject line before responding? Right before this last
change I was about to get off of the list due to the
large amount of emails flooding my inbox.

Also, I agree, our webpage has several resources for
newcomers but they need to be told that they are
there.

Greylond