[Steppes] Lindenwood: Midsummer's Masked Ball Meeting

Lady Sunnifa lindenwood_seneschal at ansteorra.org
Tue May 3 13:51:12 PDT 2005

Kom hael og sael!

On Sunday, May 8 at 2pm, we will have an organizational meeting for our
upcoming Masked Ball event. Right now, the meeting is slated for my
apartment at 1902 S. Highway 121 #804, Lewisville, TX 75067.

We will be discussing what has been done and what needs to be done still.
Our theme this year is the 1001 Arabian Nights, tales collected from the
Mideast. Though these tales were not officially compiled and translated
into English until the 1800's, they existed in other languages and forms
before then and in our period. The geographic area stretchs from the
Mediterranean to India. The date of the event is June 25, 2005

To my knowledge:

1> Duchess Willow is working on Mogul/East Indian decorations
2> Master Philip White is the Dance Master
3> I have obtained prizes for Sultan/Sultana, Prince/Princess, Best Mask,
and for the storytelling competition
4> Ad has been submitted for the June Blackstar
5> Lady Aimiliona has found a site for us.

We need:
1> Feast Steward for the Sideboard. Honorable Lady Saqra, are you still
interested in doing a mideastern sideboard? Please contact me!
2> Gate Head
3> Site Tokens: My idea so far is tassels, but we need volunteers for a
workday to make them!
4> Pillows and pillow covers. We are looking for the -loan- of pillows as
it is not feasable to buy a ton for decoration and use. We may be able to
make quick covers for a small amount of pillows to fit into theme.
5> Invitations
6> Flyers to go to the Kingdom Dance and Music Symposium
7> Judges for best costumes, best mask, and best storyteller

Directions to my apartment:
>From Dallas:
Take I-35 E North towards Denton.
Exit at at Highway 121, turn left.
Take the right-hand peel off to Business 121 from 121.
Pass through two stoplights.
Turn right into the Park Timbers Apartment Complex.
Take the first turn on your left. This is my builting.
My apartment is the first stairway, on the second floor to the right.

>From DFW Airport:
Take the 121/635 exit from the North Airport Exit.
Stay in the left two lanes. The others peel off.
Exit to Business 121 on the right two lanes (peel off).