[Steppes] Heraldic Commentary, Open Library and General SCA get-together

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Thu May 5 18:55:16 PDT 2005

This Monday, May 9, we are hosting another Heraldic Gathering and Open
Library.

It is open to everyone, and will include commentary on submissions, helping
people with their own submissions, and open library.

If you are a herald, or would like to learn what heralds do, or need to find
and document a name or device, or want to look at heraldry, costuming,
fencing, history or other books (even a complete Nancy Drew collection),
please feel free to come over.

Take your best route to I-30 east of downtown.  If coming from downtown, go

East on I-30 to St. Francis exit.
Exit St. Francis and go right (south) on St. Francis.
Go past the first street light (Samuell Boulevard) to the second left after
the light (Rolling Fork).
Left (east) on Rolling Fork to the first right (Clover Haven).
Right (south) on Clover Haven to the second left (Vinland).
Left on Vinland to 7135 Vinland on the left.

If coming from east of town (I-635), go

West (toward downtown Dallas) on I-30 to Loop 12 (Buckner) exit.
Exit and go left (south) on Buckner Blvd to the first light (Samuell Blvd.).
There's a 7-11 at the light, as well as a Whataburger and a Sam's club, all
on the near right corner.
Right (west) on Samuel Blvd. to the first left (Freestone).  This puts you
in the subdivision.
Left (south) on Freestone to the fourth left (Vinland)
right (west) on Vinland to 7135 Vinland on your right.

Longtime Steppes residents should note that the sagebush which used to be
the landmark is now gone.  It has been replaced with a rose garden.

If you get lost call us at 214-388-8156.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin