[Steppes] Archery Practice 05/15

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sun May 15 16:35:03 PDT 2005

God's Blessings to you as you enjoy this lovely sabbath. We had a wonderful
day on the archery range this beautiful day. There were eight of us this day
upon the range. Arcus Jaques the Spink, HL Katya, Merewen, myself and four
new people; Jamie and his son Austin, who have been out with us a few times
before, and Einin and Torquil, recently moved to our fair Barony from Caid.

Einen and Torquil were given some lessons and then shot a Royal Round with
us. They did very well for first-timers, and despite the arm guard that she
wore, Einen will bear the archer's badge of honor for a good week or so.
Ice, compression, and elevation, dear lady. It helps, but will not make it
go away, only time can do that.

Jaque tried out his new thumb ring and found that it is going to take some
adjusting to, and Katya and Merewen tried out Mikael's new butt stand. He
has graciously taken on the challenge of building new stands that will not
blow over and that will be portable and fairly durable as well as
arrow-friendly. A daunting task to be certain, but his new design works and
looks very well. Now if Katya would just quit shooting it, hehehe. Hey
Mikey, I just got a new idea! Cover it with duct tape! She can shoot it, but
no permanent damage!

We will be having our last practice before Warlord next Sunday, weather
permitting.

Welcome to Ansteorra, Einen and Torquil, and to the Barony of the Steppes. I
hope that you come to look upon the folk here as family as I have come to do
in the nearly three years that I have been here. Texas is different, to be
sure, but the people are wonderful, especially the ones I've met through the
SCA. Welcome to the Steppes family.

In service to the Barony of the Steppes, the Kingdom of Ansteorra, and the
dream we all share.

Lady Lyneya de Grey
Baronial Archery Marshal