[Steppes] Camp ice cream

David Ruff davidsbox01 at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 14:36:56 PDT 2005

Someone does that i'll show up with dollar bills in hand.... I LOVE the sno cones - ice cream is better :)

Ulrich

Chiara Francesca Arianna d'Onofrio <chiara at io.com> wrote:
Every year a bunch of us say we are gonna do this and we never do.
Heh. Here is a reminder that it is always fun to do if you remember
to and do not want to use the messy ziplock method. :)

CAMP ICE CREAM

½ Gallon Milk

1 Box Instant Jell-O Pudding mix

1 Can Eagle Brand Milk

Mix the ingredients together and turn in an ice cream maker until hard.

If you want to add any special flavors to it do so after it has
turned into ice cream.

Camper’s Dream Ice Cream Maker $24.95
"Okay, so this probably won’t fit in a stocking and it’s totally
impractical for back country camping, but it’s so cool we just had
to list it. Here’s the deal: you load this ball up with ice cream
ingredients in one end and ice and rock salt in the other. Then you
kick the thing around 20 minutes and voila: homemade ice cream.
That’s so cool."

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=47793013&parent_category_rn=11549377&vcat=REI_SEARCH

HL Chiara