[Steppes] Fw: Warlord and Bards

steppes-owner steppes-owner at ansteorra.org
Thu May 19 20:23:07 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerita/Carolle Cox" <hpockets at verizon.net>
To: <ansteorra at ansteorra.org>; "'Steppes'" <steppes at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 5:27 PM
Subject: Warlord and Bards

:
: The Official Steppes Bard competition is Saturday at 3 p.m.  This
: missive from Master Robin offers another.
:
: The Traditional "It's All Over: Let's Relax and Drink Sunday Night
: Bardic Competition/Circle"
:
: Master Robin of Gilwell and Mistress Serena Lascelles are hosting the
: traditional final activity of Steppes Warlord.  it's not an official
: Eisteddfodd this time, but it's still a relaxed circle and good period
: entertainment.
:
: Rules? How can there be rules when there's no competition? Everybody who
: wants to perform can perform the piece they want to perform.
:
: We've found that late night Sunday at Warlord is a moment when it can be
: real.  Tell us of great warriors, sing of great loves, recite poems of
: great honor.
:
: We'll give out a small number of prizes at the end, but that's not the
: point.  The point is to spend our last night performing and listening to
: great performances.  It's always a great audience, and we're sure this
: one will be too.
:
: DFWchinlovers at yahoogroups.com
: http://carollesknitting.blogspot.com
: <http://carollesknitting.blogspot.com/>
: www.japanesechinrescue.org <http://www.japanesechinrescue.org/>
:
:
:
: The years that a woman subtracts from her age are not lost.  They are
: added to the ages of other women.  -- Diane de Poitiers (1499 - 1566)
:
: