[Steppes] Ministry of Children

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 11:48:59 PDT 2005

Here's a thought.  What do you think about, "Great oaks from little acorns
grow." - Chaucer (c.1343-1400) Since we do have the "Acorn" as an award, I'm
not sure how this one would do, but it really sounds nice.  :)

Gab

--- Alasdair MacEogan <alasdair at bmhanson.net> wrote:

> Just to give some additional trains of thought.  Also think that the oak and
> gryce(pig) are symbols of the Steppes.  When I think of young oaks I think of
> sprouts or saplings.  A young gryce is also called a shoat, farrow or piglet

“Of course I know how to work it,” said Lupin, waving his hand impatiently, “I helped write it.  I’m ‘Mooney’ – that was my friends’ nickname for me.” (p.254)... “... And that’s how we came to write the Marauder’s Map, and sign it with our nicknames.  Sirius is ‘Padfoot.’  Peter is ‘Wormtail.’  James was ‘Prongs.’ ”  (p. 260)  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  J.K. Rowling.  Bloomsbury Publishing, London (1999).