[Steppes] Ministry of Children

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 12:20:47 PDT 2005

Well spoken from the originator of the "Newbie Song" - "I'm a newbie and I'm
ok, I'm just a baby in the SCA!"  :D  Right?

Cute, Aslyn.  I like "In a Gryce's Eye!"  Hmmm.  Lots of fun with that.  "When
Gryces Fly," etc.  (not for the kids newsletter, of course, too negative.)
Gab

--- Crystal Lamb <crystl_lamb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> LOL - "Ministry of Children" sounds much like "Ministry of Silly
> Walks"....which, come to think of it....is rather what parenting or otherwise
> working with children is like.  You could always use "I'm Not An AcornYet"
> (subline: I feel *happy*)...or..."The Little Nut" (well, maybe that's more
> applicable to Nic)...or...."In a Gryce's Eye!"
>
> Actually, I kinda like just having a "name our newsletter" contest.
>
> ~Aslyn

“Of course I know how to work it,” said Lupin, waving his hand impatiently, “I helped write it.  I’m ‘Mooney’ – that was my friends’ nickname for me.” (p.254)... “... And that’s how we came to write the Marauder’s Map, and sign it with our nicknames.  Sirius is ‘Padfoot.’  Peter is ‘Wormtail.’  James was ‘Prongs.’ ”  (p. 260)  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  J.K. Rowling.  Bloomsbury Publishing, London (1999).