Fw: [Steppes] Ministry of Children

Lady Einin Ciarnait little_dragon_0861 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 07:53:45 PDT 2005

Thanx...maybe they wouldn't feel too bad about it then:) Einin

Michelle Dodd <lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com> wrote:
I looked it up on the internet, gotta love these machines. The first entry for sapling came up as a nursery in the UK. Unfortunately it was a baby nursery. However I did find some sites that gave me the following info;

sapling (n.)
A tree more than 0.9 in (3 ft) in height and less than 10.2 cm (4 in) in d.b.h. (diameter)

Thesaurus Search Results
Entries found for "sapling"

sprout (noun): seedling, plantlet

seedling (n.)
A tree grown from seed that has not yet reached a height of 0.9 m (3 ft) or exceeded 5.1 cm (2 in) in d.b.h., which would qualify it as a sapling.

and an interesting bit of trivia;

steppe (n.)
Arid land with xerophilous vegetation found in regions of extreme temperature range and loess soil.

Most of the sites that weren't using the term sapling for trees seemed to be talking about tweens & teens.

I hope this helps.

Ly Gabriele