[Steppes] Thank yous from your Lindenwood Ball Feast Steward

alkudsi@aol.com alkudsi at aol.com
Mon Jun 20 07:48:20 PDT 2005

[Sunnifa, please post to the Lindenwood group]
The food prep for the Lindenwood revel went very well this weekend, and I'd like to thank those who gave up a substantial part of their Saturday to help.

Under adverse conditions...my main AC was out for part of the time, leaving only auxiliary AC...the following people cut up chicken and beef, not to mention onions, and skewered more kabobs that I want to see in one place again anytime soon:

HL Suzanna (who showed up first, just when I was getting worried that NOONE was coming!) -- and cut chicken, beef, and onions, and skewered with the best of them, even though she doesn't like onions!

Ld Agilwulf the Loud (who showed up with his two teenagers at a panicked call from his wife HL Suzanna and me) for coming and helping when he originally had no intentions of doing so, yet did a yeoman's job in the kitchen.  Not to mention their two teenagers who skewered with the best of them, and got picked on by all the adults and handled it with good humor.  And watched in amazement when I showed them what happens to beaten egg whites when you add boiling sugar syrup, and were so intrigued that they made two batches of candy by themselves.  Thanks for leaving some for the sideboard, too!

Sir Laasguard, my knight without the armor, but with willing hands and blades, turned to beef roasts instead of opponents on the field and carved them with similar ease.  Then stayed and made additional batches of candy, swept the floor, and generally kept your feast steward from flipping out.  Thanks, bro!

HE Mistress Zarazene who came, carved, skewered, joked, and reassured.  Always a pleasure working with you, and always you give me support and confidence!

Lady Sunnifa, who came bringing money, site layouts, drinks for the workers, and stayed to skewer and pack a huge stack of kabobs.  Sorry you got lost in my neck of the woods...?

And last, but certainly not least, Lord Amra, who, in his own quiet way, made the day go by a lot more easily with all of his help.  He sees a job that needs doing, and just does it.  And that included keeping all of our knives sharp with his expert skill as a knife sharpener!  You didn't HAVE to sharpen ALL of my knives, but it certainly was appreciated!  And, with Sir Laasguard, helped with the clean up and Feast Steward cool down after the day was over!

A special word of thanks to the AC guy who got a resounding cheer when he came out on an emergency basis and got my AC cooling things down again! Huzzah to ARS Emergency Service!

Looking forward to seeing what the Canton and Barony think of the results of our labor this coming weekend.  If you can come early for last minute prep stuff or for hall set up, please contact either Lady Sunnifa or myself!

Exhaustedly,
Honorable el-Sayyidda Saqra al-Kudsi