[Steppes] coronation question

Karolus Janos karolus at gte.net
Sun Jun 26 19:16:30 PDT 2005

Coronation is a celebration of the Kingdom of Ansteorra, it's a look at our
past, our present and our future.  Yes, the majority of the work or events
of the day belong to the peers, but that often detracts from the pageantry
that exists as a new Crown assume their place in our history and hopefully
our hearts.

As for things to do, it's a day for most to just celebrate being Ansteorra
and a new reign's birth, but in the morning many fighters, mostly unbelted
will via for the right to be King's Champion for the new King.  There will
be a feast, and often there are some peerages made although I am aware of
none this coming coronation.

What to expect is some of the grand magic of an SCA court, as it is often
emotional for the outgoing Crown, and joyous for the incoming Crown.

All and all it's a good event to go to and enjoy.

Karolus