[Steppes] July 4th - Fighting, Fireworks, and BBQ

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 11:37:13 PDT 2005

So, are the festivities actually on Sunday, the 3rd?
Gab

--- Mike <meggiddo at netzero.net> wrote:

> Heilsa,
>
> Once again we will be in the park for a laid practice and to eat BBQ and
> watch fireworks. The City of Carrollton will be holding their 4th of
> July fireworks display less than a 1 mile from the park. The plan is
> meet at the regular time - 2 PM or earlier. Get in some fighting, break
> and go get the BBQ from Sonny Bryan and eat, then watch the fireworks.
>
> I talked with Sonny Bryan and will be traveling to get the BBQ and
> fix'ins that come with it sometime around 5:30 or so.
>
> If are interest in joining us in the park and eating BBQ, then response
> back so that I get a head count to give them (Sonny's) an idea of the
> numbers. Along with which choice of meats and how many you would like to
> enjoy on this day at MHC.
>
> Currently there are 12 people:
> Centurion Morgan Buchanan (Squire to Sir Earl Duncan)  - Central Region
> Knight Marshal
>      and his lady, Lady Ciannait Chaimbuel
> Lord CinaedOHosey and children
> Lord Hrafn
> Lord Damon Xanthns
>
> Rose
> Byorn inn Svarti
> Cuhlwch
>
> and myself - Lord Michael Fray
>
> Choice of two meats for $9.49
> Choice of three meats for $10.49
> Choice of four meats for 11.49
>
> Prices are based upon drop off style of service.
>
> The meat choices are:
> Beef - sliced
> Turkey breast - sliced
> Sausage
> Ham
> Chicken - either on the bone or pulled
>    Must state which type preferred.
>
> Ribs for an additional $1.00
>
> The Packages Include:
> Potato Salad
> Cole Slaw
> BBQ Beans
> Sonny's BBQ Sauce
> Serving Utensils
> Paperware
> Napkins
> Relish Tray:
>     Dill Pickles
>     Sweet Relish
>     Onions
>     Jalapeno Peppers
> Cookies
>
> YIS,
>
>  Lord Michael Fray
>   Combat Archer for the Condottieri
>   King's Archer
>   Steppes Deputy Knight Marshal
>   Steppes Deputy Hospitaler

“Of course I know how to work it,” said Lupin, waving his hand impatiently, “I helped write it.  I’m ‘Mooney’ – that was my friends’ nickname for me.” (p.254)... “... And that’s how we came to write the Marauder’s Map, and sign it with our nicknames.  Sirius is ‘Padfoot.’  Peter is ‘Wormtail.’  James was ‘Prongs.’ ”  (p. 260)  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  J.K. Rowling.  Bloomsbury Publishing, London (1999).