[Steppes] July 4th 2005 - BBQ, Fireworks and Fighting

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Wed Jul 6 11:57:49 PDT 2005

Heilsa,

Rain did indeed fall during the night of the 3rd into the 4th and
brought a cooling breeze as oppose to that of Sunday and the Joint War
Practices. The shade pavilion was raised and the gathering started
around the tree. Everyone helped in both set-up and tear down.

Once, again people paced themselves, brought out water and gatorade,
went out and fought, came back off the field and cooled down and
replenished their fluids with water and/or gatorade.

It was a laid back practice this day - Spear training was conducted.
Some fighting, see below on individual fights - note, since I went to
get the BBQ missed those individual bouts, so be aware that there was
more than what is listed on this report.

The BBQ menu:
Beef
Pork Ribs
Sausage
Chicken
Turkey
Bread
Tea
Cole Slaw
Potato Salad
BBQ Beans
Relish Tray

This is the second year that we have had a fighter practice with BBQ. We
cleaned up, went to the earth mound and got set up to watch the
fireworks that the City of Carrollton puts on every 4th of July roughly
a 1/2 or so south of the park.

People in armor:  6
Children:  3
Total in attendance: 18

Weapons used this day:
Sword
Great Sword
Short Spear
Spear - both rattan and fiberglass

Shields used this day:
Round
Buckler

In attendance this day:

Clan Ross:
Centurion Morgan Buchanan (Squire to Sir Earl Duncan)  - Central Region
Knight Marshal
     and his lady, Lady Ciannait Chaimbuel
Lord Hrafn Olafsson (Squire to Sir Earl Duncan) - Steppes Knight Marshal
     and his lady,
        Lady Elizabeta di Valore della Rosa (Apprentice to Duchess Larissa)

Condottieri:
Lord CinaedOHosey and children
   daugther - Tori
   and sons - Jon and Nikko
Lord Michael Fray
Lord Damon Xanthns
Rose
Byorn inn Svarti
Cuhlwch

Lady Honour du Bois
Lady Gabrieler

Till
Trevor
Rob

Individual bouts this day:
Lord Damon with great sword vs Till with great sword
Lord Hrafn with short spear and sword vs Lord CinaedOHosey with buckler
and sword
Lord CinaedOHosey with buckler and sword vs Lord Damon with buckler and
sword
Lord Hrafn with fiberglass spear vs Rose with fiberglass spear
Till with great sword vs Lord Damon with great sword
Lady Honour with buckler and sword vs Lord CInaedOHosey with buckler and
sword
Lady Honour with buckler and sword vs Lord Damon with buckler and sword
Lord CinaedOHosey with buckler and sword vs Lord Hrafn with round and sword

YIS,
 Lord Michael Fray
  Combat Archer for the Condottieri
  King's Archer