[Steppes] Steppes Fighter Practice - 7-10-2005

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Wed Jul 13 15:46:14 PDT 2005

Heilsa,

A July typical day of bright skies with the sun shinning, brought forth
fighters upon the field for training. Visitors had traveled to avoid the
winds of change with destruction that remove all before it's path
(Dennis) from the lands to the east of our fair kingdom - and one of our
foes for the Gulf War XV in March 2006 - the Kingdom of Meridies of the
Shire of Arenal.

Once, again people paced themselves, brought out water and gatorade,
went out and fought, came back off the field and cooled down and
replenished their fluids with water and/or gatorade, etc.

Shade was provided for all who sought shelter from the July sun.

A reminder - please bring more than one liter or quart of water to the
park. Really needs to be 1 gallon or more. I recommend 2 gallons of
fluids and snacks to replenish your energy levels.

As the fighters don armor and sought out training in both sword and
shield, great sword and combat archery (CA), a small group had gather to
ask questions of what all these "interesting people" were doing in the
park on this bright July day wearing helms and swing weapons while the
sun shone down upon one and all.  A set of upper body armor was
completed for the Condottieri to use as loaner armor.

Training was provided by Lord CinaedOHosey with buckler and sword for
Lady Honour and Lord Damon. Great training was provided by Centurion
Morgan with Lord Damon, Lord Dieterich and Till.

A bear pit was held for one and all who wish to enter.

Schedule:
Regular schedule fighter practice - every Sunday starting at 2 PM.
Mary Heads Carter Park in Carrollton.

I have been informed by Lord Hrafn, Steppes Knight Marshal, that the
next Joint War practice will be held in our sister barony - Elfsea.
The more details in the coming weeks.

August 7th:
Joint War Practice:
Veterans Park in Arlington. See Elfsea website for directions.
Start time: TBA

Gothic War:
Labor Day Weekend - September 2nd through 5th
Sweetwater, Texas - it is the old site
Heavy fighting melees on Saturday, with tournaments on Sunday.
Amazon household's 25th year anniversary, should be some partying going.

Gothic webpage <http://adlersruhe.ansteorra.org/Gothic.html>

People in armor:  10
Children:  3
Total in attendance: 20

Weapons used this day:
Sword
Great Sword
30 lb., recurve

Shields used this day:
Heater
Round
Buckler
War Shield - Condottieri
Rectangle Shield

In attendance this day:

Kingdom of Meridies:
Gunnarr Snaebjorn of the Shire of Arenal
    and his lady, Tana the Pink
 both of whom were visiting Larry and Sharon from Elfsea
while "Dennis" played along the Gulf Coast this past weekend.

Clan Ross:
Centurion Morgan Buchanan (Squire to Sir Earl Duncan)  - Central Region
Knight Marshal
     and his lady, Lady Ciannait Chaimbuel
Lady Icia
Lord Hrafn Olafsson (Squire to Sir Earl Duncan) - Steppes Knight Marshal

Condottieri:
Lord CinaedOHosey and children
   daugther - Tori
   and sons - Jon and Nikko
Lord Michael Fray
Lord Damon Xanthns
Rose
Byorn inn Svarti

Lady Honour du Bois

Lord Dieterich von Trier from Western Region

Eric
Till

Individual bouts this day witness:

Lord Hrafn with round and sword vs Gunnarr with heater and sword
Lord Damon with buckler and sword vs Till with buckler and sword
Centurion Morgan with heater and sword vs Lord Hrafn with round and sword
Till with heater and sword vs Gunnarr with heater and sword
Lord Hrafn with round and sword vs Gunnarr with heater and sword
Lord Hrafn with round and sword vs Till with heater and sword
Centurion Morgan with heater and sword vs Lord Hrafn with round and sword
Lord Damon with heater and sword vs Centurion Morgan with heater and sword
Eric with buckler and sword vs Lord Damon with buckler and sword
Lord CinaedOHosey with buckler and sword vs Centurion Morgan with
buckler and sword
Lord Dieterich with rectangle shield and sword vs Lord Hrafn with round
and sword
Centurion Morgan with heater and sword vs Lord Dieterich with rectangle
and sword
Lord Dieterich with rectangle and sword vs Lord Damon with round and sword

YIS,
 Lord Michael Fray
  Combat Archer for the Condottieri
  King's Archer