[Steppes] Artisan Thank yous.

DonnelShaw@aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Sun Aug 21 14:54:25 PDT 2005

Greetings to the Populace of the  Steppes,
This past Saturday, August 13, 2005, Steppes  Artisan was held. It was a
wonderful day full of the most amazing displays  from artisans spanning all the
regions of Ansteorra. We had over 124  people attend with just under 20 artisans
competing.  I would like to take a moment to  thank a few people and to bring
their hard work to your attention. First I  want to thank Their Excellencies
Qadi ‘abd al-Mahdi ibn Hakin and Contessa  Valeria Richila Navarro for having
the faith to put this event in our  hands. It was my great honor to serve this
Barony and I thank you for the  support you both gave to me threw the days
before the event.  I also want to thank Artisans of  the Steppes who’s support
and encouraging I appreciated.
Next, I would like to thank those who have  been of great assistance in
running the event. The taxing job of running  the front gate was done by Lady
Ossanna de Burgh, Lady Catalina Damiania  Saravia Quicedo de Xerez y Caceres,
Kristin Fusilier, Lady Kathryn  Cunningham and HL John de Irwynne. They did a
wonderful job and knew how  to handle everything. I knew that it would be alright
when they said they  had a box of things they used to run gate! I also want to
thank the  Irwynne household for their support and adding their own
competition and  prizes to the event to make it more exciting.
Another person that the Barony is  blessed to have is Lady Fionnghuala the
Fair or  "Nuala". She is an amazing women and a very valued member. She is the
illuminator and calligrapher of this year’s Artisan scroll. As well as my
Luncheon Coordinator and was responsible for getting the food and making  sure it
was put out as well as clean up. I knew everything was going to be  fine. She
had many helpers and was very insistent that they be thanked.  From House
Arkham, Lady Alienor Lewelyne, Lady Sarah Aston, Emily  MacGregor, Richard Nine
Fingers.  Also, Lady Ann the Spinster, Lord  David ben Leon ,  Arnbjorn
Ulfsson (Anthony),   and Samual Gryffin.
Our new Minister  of Children, Lady Einin Ciarnait and her Lord, Lord Torquil
Shamus set up  and had activities for the younger children. I know it was
appreciated by  the parents. Just in case there was need of medical attention our
CIC was  Lady Mona Gerita  della Mara. I am so glad she didn’t have any work.

There was  also an invisible crew off site that many didn’t see. Since we
could not  have Alcohol in the competition on site at this event we had it off
site.  I want to thank my husband Lord Alvin de Clairmont and Lord Jacque the
Spinks for transporting judges to and from the house and sitting at my  house
to supervise while I was at the event..
The crew  that was responsible for everything being transported, set up and
torn  down in the hall.  I could not  have done this with out any of them.
First I want to thank Lord Alistair  our quartermaster who went back into the shed
at business meeting to find  the Achievement Banner Stand! The banner looked
great and we are all glad Don  Eisen arrived to help with the assembly of the
stand. Ask me about that  story later. Those helping at the storage building
were Baron Qadi  ‘abd al-Mahdi ibn Hakin, Lord Alvin de Clairmont, Richard and
Emily. I  also want to thank Lord Alistair’s brother in law David.  The set up
and tear down crew at  the site were Centerian Morgan Bucannan, Ld Beannan.,
HE Don Robin of  Gilwell, Mistress Serena Lascelles, Stephane and all the
people who just  pitched in and carried things.
Included in this day was  a Historic Rapier Combat Arts and Sciences given by
Don  Aeron Harper and History Salon   hosted by Duchess Larissa based on the “
The History of the White  Scarves of Ansteorra"  with  Speakers for the salon
include Don Christian Dore' , Don Tivar , and Don  Robin of Gilwell. The
refreshments were provided by Baron Borek and very  delicious. All involved helped
to make this a great day and I thank them  for all their efforts from the
past to the current and into the future.  All involved did  a tremendous job. I
only wish I  could have stayed to listen to all of the stories.
I have a  few special thank yous to make in closing. I want to thank Mistress
Xene.  She was a wonderful Artisan coordinator and wrangler. It was truly a
team  we formed and tackled the task of Steppes Artisan. Thank you my friend.
Also, House Arkham many of the people who helped are from my household and
their help and presence was appreciated greatly. Finally, I would like to  thank
my husband, Lord Alvin de Clairmont, and children, Richard Nine  Fingers, and
Emily MacGregor. They have been supportive and listen to me  talk about the
event for months and months. I could not have succeded with  out them.
Lady Maili Donnel  MacGregor
Autocrat