[Steppes] Katrina

Jeanie Collins JCollins at CCSB.com
Wed Aug 31 06:24:46 PDT 2005

My brother and his family live in Hattiesburg, about 50 miles or so from Lumberton.  I talked with him on Monday afternoon after Katrina had passed through and they were okay, the house was still standing and they did not have any flooding.  There was no power and they didn't know how long that situation would last.  Apparently the really high winds had felled a number of the trees.  Lumberton is east of there I think so the situation may have been worse .

Alienor

-----Original Message-----
From: steppes-bounces+jcollins=ccsb.com at ansteorra.org [mailto:steppes-bounces+jcollins=ccsb.com at ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of Gerita/Carolle Cox
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 7:53 AM
To: 'Ashia Yother'; steppes at ansteorra.org
Subject: RE: [Steppes] Katrina

I just got an email from the LA Humane Society.  Their animals are all
placed, and their director grateful beyond measure.  I haven't heard a
peep from Mississippi, though.

Gerita,
Who monitors about 6 animal rescue lists.

DFWchinlovers at yahoogroups.com
www.japanesechinrescue.org
http://carollesknitting.blogspot.com

People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the
sun is out, but when darkness sets in, their beauty is revealed only if
there is a light from within. -- Elizabeth Kübler-Ross