[Steppes] List of items -Please forward to other local lists if you want

Julie Cunningham juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 06:40:14 PDT 2005

Everyone

Here is the most up-to-date list that I have.  Please note that Rixende, Colete and I are all drop points for these supplies, but please check with them before hand to make sure they have room to take your donation.

Personally, I will be going through my clothes to see if I can donate some of my things.  I will be going by the dollar store today to see what I can get as far as toiletries.  I will be giving up one of my air mattresses along with some sheets and pillow cases.  Sending also extra knives, forks, spoons and can opener.  Can openers will be very important to get into those canned good.

Ladies, remember those free samples from Lancome or like companies?  Face soap and astrigent samples would come in handy, as well as those cloth bags that you have by the tons. (bags will come in handy for distribution to individuals).

BOTTLED WATER
empty gas cans
prepaid gas cards
Walmart/Home Depot gift cards.
Tarps/rope/duct tape
Clorox
batteries/flashlights
sleeping bags/air mattresses/foam pads
sheets, light-weight blankets, and pillows
elastic waist shorts and sweats (for more give in size range)
canned goods  (boxed goods don't handle water well)
Can opener and eating utensils
garbage bags
rucksacks / laundry bags / duffle bags / backpacks
warm weather clothes of all sizes
shoes
diapers & wipes
small plush toys to comfort the children
baby formula & bottles
MRE's or easy open non-perishable foods (P-38's help with cans)
mosquito repellants
towels
toiletries (soaps, shampoos, deodorant, dental care, feminine products)
cots / air beds
first aid kits
bandanas (good for first aid, cooling down, or covering hair)
socks
foot sprays / powders
sunblock
hats

I will be at home all weekend so please call me if you need to at 214-284-8855.

YIS

Katheryn
Steppes Hospitaler