[Steppes] SPREAD THE WORD - Helping Hurricane Victims at KOC2

morgancain@earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 6 11:28:11 PDT 2005

The Knit-Out-and-Crochet-Too event on September 10th has adopted the Denton
Public Library Teen & Tweens Project!  Since KOC2 is this coming Saturday,
we're asking for everybody's help in spreading the word.

The Teens and Tweens don't have a lot of money, but they do have time and
energy.  They decided to make blankets and caps for as many of the victims
as they can.  The DFW area is housing literally tens of thousands of
hurricane refugees, both in the main shelters in Dallas and in private
homes, shelters at places of worship, spare apartments and houses, anywhere
we can.  So we can distribute as many blankets and caps as we get.

To enable the Teens & Tweens to do this, they need blanket squares, yarn,
and even caps.  You can find information about the project on the HURRICANE
KNITTING page of the DFW Knit Out and Crochet Too site -
http://home.earthlink.net/~mlhobbies/dfwknitoutandcrochettoo2005/

We'll have another collection at the Celtic Heritage Festival
(http://www.celticheritagefestival.org/) in Bedford on October 8th and 9th,
at the knitting demo in the cultural area.  If the weather is too bad for
the cultural area (which is on a hill in an open pavilion), collection will
be at the Leland Stage in the theatre building.

If you cannot make it to either event, you can mail squares to the Denton
Public Library at this address:
           Hurricane Katrina Blankets & Caps Project
           c/o Sara Bracht, Librarian
           Denton Public Library - North Branch
           3020 North Locust
           Denton, Texas   76209

Pass the word - the project is scheduled to go through Thanksgiving, so
even if you cannot get something done by this Saturday, you have plenty of
time to contribute.  Even one square helps.

Thanks!  On behalf of Sara, Nelda, and all the kids as well.

                                  ---= Margo Lynn

PS:  Yes, you may copy this message, INTACT, to any knitting list,
crocheting list, or group on which you participate.  THANK YOU!

http://mail2web.com/ .