[Steppes] *tap tap* Hello, is this thing on?

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 04:26:07 PDT 2005

Welcome, Luke,
The Steppes Hospitaler (newcomer contact), Lady Kathryn, should be able to
provide you with garb from the loaner garb chest for the time being.  Then you
can find out how easy it is to make your own.  There are lots of 'garb-making'
sessions where sewing machines are available.  I'm sure Lady Kathryn will be in
contact with you soon.  If you would like to contact her sooner, you may post
an "In Search Of" (ISO) on this list with her name in the field and she will
see it.

Honorable Lady Gabrielle Honoree de Saint Pierre

--- Huscarl Drekar <dr.drekar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> My name's Luke, and my reason for being here is not nearly as interesting as
> Justin's. My condolences, by the way. I was recently relocated for work to
> the Dallas area from Denver, CO (I suppose that is the Outlands?).
>
> I have never been in the SCA before, though several of my Colorado friends
> have been/are, and they all recommended it to me. So... here I am, lurking
> just like Justin ;)
> It looks like a lot of fun, and if you folks are anything like my eagerly
> recommending cohorts from Denver, then you're great people too.
>  Anyway... being as new as I am, should I just show up to something?
> Garbless, weaponless, with nothing but some terribly out-of-period running
> shoes...
>  -Luke
>  On 9/7/05, Justin <warriorneedsfood at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm from New Orleans and the Underwater Barony of Axemoor. Due to recent
> > event made obvious by a quick pass of CNN, I have relocated my home
> > permament to your great Barony. I will be lurking here mostly, but I
> thought
> > I would say hello.
> > So..
> > Hello
> > And now I shall get back to rebuilding my kit. :)

“Of course I know how to work it,” said Lupin, waving his hand impatiently, “I helped write it.  I’m ‘Mooney’ – that was my friends’ nickname for me.” (p.254)... “... And that’s how we came to write the Marauder’s Map, and sign it with our nicknames.  Sirius is ‘Padfoot.’  Peter is ‘Wormtail.’  James was ‘Prongs.’ ”  (p. 260)  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  J.K. Rowling.  Bloomsbury Publishing, London (1999).