[Steppes] TONIGHT: Heraldry for non-Heralds -- Class on Heraldic Display

rudin rudin at mail.ev1.net
Thu Nov 17 10:15:30 PST 2005

Tonight, Thursday, November 17, 2005, we will have a Heraldry
class on the topic of Heraldic Display.

This class is good for heralds and non-heralds alike, and helps
you understand the meaning of the symbols we use.  A good basic
course for anyone who wants to:
   - Use the ensign of the Steppes (yes, there is a Steppes badge
you can wear)
   - Embroider with symbols you have the right to wear
   - Understand what a vicar/ vicaress can and cannot do
   - Make correct prizes for warlords, champions, etc.
   - Understand the symbols used around you
Heraldry has meaning.  If you understand the meaning of the
symbols, then it’s easier to understand the SCA game at all levels.

We will start at 7:30.

Take your best route to I-30 east of downtown.  If coming from
downtown, go
East on I-30 to St. Francis exit.
Exit St. Francis and go right (south) on St. Francis.
Go past the first street light (Samuell Boulevard) to the second
left after the light (Rolling Fork).
Left (east) on Rolling Fork to the first right (Clover Haven).
Right (south) on Clover Haven to the second left (Vinland).
Left on Vinland to 7135 Vinland on the left.

If coming from east of town (I-635), go

West (toward downtown Dallas) on I-30 to Loop 12 (Buckner) exit.
Exit and go left (south) on Buckner Blvd to the first light
(Samuell Blvd.).
There's a 7-11 at the light, as well as a Whataburger and a Sam's
club, all on the near right corner.
Right (west) on Samuel Blvd. to the first left (Freestone).  This
puts you in the subdivision.
Left (south) on Freestone to the fourth left (Vinland)
right (west) on Vinland to 7135 Vinland on your right.

If you get lost call us at 214-388-8156.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin
Oakenwald Pursuivant

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net