[Steppes] The first tournament

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Thu Apr 20 10:57:43 PDT 2006

Esther asked:

> Hey, does anyone have a copy of the Knowne World handbook handy? If so,
> would you look up the essay Diana Paxon wrote about the first tournament,
> and tell me who was crowned the Queen of Love and Beauty, I can't
> remember.

I don't have *The Known World Handbook*, but a quick Google search turned up
the fact that Richard of Mont Real (also known as Richard the Short, and
originally Aeginius) crowned Marynel of Darkhaven the first Queen in what
would eventually be known as the SCA.
[http://www.loralavon.com/AHP/WestHistory.pdf]

He went on to win later for La Ranna, moved to Grand Prairie, founded the
March of the Steppes, started Steppes Warlord tourney and become the first
Warlord of the Steppes.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin