[Steppes] Lindenwood offices, Middle Easter Drumming, and business stuff.

Vicki Marsh xaraxene at comcast.net
Sun Aug 13 15:18:56 PDT 2006

Greetings, Lindenwood and STteppes,

Please pardon the multiple copies if you subscribe to both lists.

Since I was unable to attend the last business meetings in Steppes and
Lindenwood due to the death of my father, I am announcing here that I have
received one bid for Exchequer from Lady Gwen and one bid for Herald from
Countess Regina. I will announce it again at Steppes Artisan, if given time
in court.

In the past, I've announced that bids are closed at the first business
meeting after receiving a bid, and considering that these offices have been
open for bid for a long time, they are now closed.

I am recommending these individuals for their offices with the respective
regional officers. Many thanks to Gwen and Regina for stepping forward.

We still have open the following offices:

VScribe
Deputy Seneschal
Chronicler
Deputy Exchequer
Historian
Rapier Marshall
(please note, you do not have to be a rapier fighter to hold this office)

We also need an officer to volunteer to be on the financial committee and
commit to taking the exchequer's class within 90 days. We will be working on
the budget and the financial policies for next year at the September
meeting.

I will be hosting the Middle Eastern Drumming Guild this coming Thursday at
my house. Arnbjorn is working that night and will have to miss it this
month. Because of the funeral, we didn't get his request for time off turned
in for this week. (Other musical instruments are also invited, along with
their players. My harp jumped out of the bag last time).

One of the items I wanted to discuss this past business meeting, was if
anyone was interested in changing up our schedule. I am proposing that we
hold an A & S/populace night on the first Thursday of the month at the same
meeting place in Irving. Then we would have a business meeting on another
evening, later in the month, but have it further south. My home in Cedar
Hill is available and the back room at the Spring Creek BBQ at I-20 and
Wheatland is available (but not on Sunday or Thursday nights). If anyone
else has a good suggestion, please post it to the Lindenwood list.

The reason that I want to change the business meeting date is that the bank
statements do not come in the first week of the month and the exchequer
needs the statement in order to file the monthly and quarterly reports. I
have to sign them, so it is just easier if the exchequer and I meet later in
the month and sign the reports. By having a meeting further south in the
Canton, I hope to make coming to the meetings easier on some of southern
members.

Speaking of reports..... I am due copies of reports for last month, even
when there is no activity. Right now, I am late with my report to Central
due to the family problems but will be caught up this week. Sometimes, LIFE
just happens.

I won't put the exact amounts here on the list, but we made money on both
BIONT and Queen's.  So, in the space of a few months, Lindenwood has more
than doubled it's checking account!! Woohooo!!! You guys, Steppes,
Lindenwood, Glaslyn, Elfsea, and All the other Ansteorrans who worked at
these events....You guys ROCKED!

For all those who have worked and contributed to Lindenwood, and thusly, to
the Great Barony of the Steppes and the Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra,
VIVAT!! I am continually honored to be the Seneschal of such a wonderful,
loving group. Thank you again for your support and kind words during my
family's personal tragedy this past week.

In Service,

Mistress Xene Theriane, OL, OP
Seneschal to the Canton of Lindenwood