[Steppes] Mistress Kalida

alkudsi at aol.com alkudsi at aol.com
Fri Feb 17 08:40:11 PST 2006

As many of you know, Mistress Kalida is, at this moment, undergoing surgery at Zale Lipshy Hospital in Dallas.  Please keep her and Sir Thorkel in your thoughts.  As of just a few moments ago, the surgery was going well, and Thorkel estimated from the doctor's update that it would probably take an additional 45 minutes to an hour.  She will not have a room number assigned until she is released from the post-op recovery room, and as soon as I know what that information is, I will post it on the lists.

Barring any complications, she is expected to remain in the hospital for 4-5 days, but will be recovering for several months at home.  From my own experience with this type of surgery, it will be quite a while before she is back to normal. With the current weather predictions, and knowing how I felt after a similar type of surgery, visits to the hospital this weekend should be kept very short or postponed until she is home when I'm sure she will enjoy them more!

HL Saqra