[Steppes] O/T - Advice on car repair

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 8 12:42:32 PDT 2006

The air conditioning has gone out on my '96 Nissan Minivan.  We think it needs a new air compressor and would like to know how much it would be if we (or someone else) were to have it repaired.  I priced air compressors for the year, make and model and the part could cost from $250 to $500.

We are planning to sell it.  We have already bought a replacement vehicle.  The minivan is still a really good car with lots of really nice extras and would be great for a family vehicle (seats 7) or for toting camping gear to an event (bench seats fold down and one is removable).

We would still like to know the cost of repair so we can figure it into the price for selling, so if anyone could let us know how much a repair like this would cost, please email us.

If anyone is interested in possibly buying our minivan, here are the stats :

’96 Nissan Quest Minivan for sale.

Asking price, $2,900 (negotiable)
Air conditioner has gone out, needs new air compressor.

Blue Book Private Party Value

Fair (Selected)
    $4,090
"Fair" condition means that the vehicle has some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional. The tires may need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage.

Vehicle Details

- Engine:     V6 3.0 Liter
- Transmission:     Automatic
- Drivetrain:     FWD
- Mileage:     109,763
- Selected Standard Equipment
- 7 Passenger
- Air Conditioning
- (needs new compressor - $200 - $400 for part)
- Power Steering
- Tilt Wheel
- Tires (1 new replaced in March)
- AM/FM Stereo ( NEW ! )
- Single CD player ( NEW ! )
- Color - Hunter Green

Selected Optional Equipment

- Rear Air
- Power Windows
- Power Door Locks
- Cruise Control
- Single Compact Disc ( NEW ! )
- Quad Seating (speakers?)
- Privacy Glass

Gab (& Jon)
972-466-2276

“It was a good clang, with the oiyoiyoioioioioioinnnnnggggggg that is the mark of a clang well done.” The Wee Free Men, by Terry Pratchett. (also the exact sound of a face connecting with a Paris traffic light) :D