[Steppes] Fw: [Elfsea] Coronation and thanks yous (long)

Barbara Lee barb at barbsgarb.com
Mon Jul 10 10:14:33 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: David Knebel
To: elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 11:57 AM
Subject: [Elfsea] Coronation and thanks yous (long)

Hello all,

   Coronation was a beautiful day.  Our local fighters fought well, with honor and panache.  Centurion Louis made it in the San Angelo local paper, along with his lady Colleen.  Before I depart for the land of my parents for a few weeks I would like to thank publicly; those who helped make my knighting special for me.  Druinne, you made hosen for both the vigil and the elevation as well as the lyrapipe hood I wore.  They looked fantastic.  Daire, the poulains and pattens -- awesome. Ciannait, for the terrific job of beading; I know that you gave many hours of labor for me and I truly appreciate it. Robin, Signy, Alexis, Larrissa, Mary Grace, Tessa, and Kief:, your words were heartfelt and truly meaningful.  I am so glad you were able to come and speak for me. Simone, Drake, Duncan, your admonitions will stay with me for the rest of my life.  Morgan, thanks for stepping in and helping. You've been closer to me than my own regular brother.  Hrafn, you are the man.  Something needs to be done and you are there.  You guarded through the vigil, you made my vigil book, you were there to carry my banner in the procession. Elizabeth and Dirk, for helping keep my lady sane through out the stress of real life and getting everything ready for both the vigil and knighting. Duncan, I would also like to thank you for taking me info your family, training and guiding me through the years.  I aspire to your example of chivalry.  To all of you who came to see the knighting ceremony, thank you as well.  It is so nice to see so many happy faces. I could literally feel your support for me. My son, Daniel, when I told you I wanted you to help with my procession and that you would not get to go to space camp-in  this year, you said you really wanted to be there for your PaPa.  Finally, thank you Rixende, my Lady,  without whom I would not have gotten anywhere.  In fact, I would probably still be in the back woods of Meridies, where you met me.  Your love inspires me in all things. I thank God each and every day for blessing me, by bringing you into my life.  I remain,

ever in service

Sir Tomás Niállagáin
Fidelis ut meus vota