[Steppes] Subtle reminder

AlKudsi at aol.com AlKudsi at aol.com
Tue Jul 18 20:12:47 PDT 2006

This Friday is the Steppes Populace meeting at Kalida and Thorkel's home.
[P.S.  they have some adorable kittens that need homes...hint, hint.]  One of
the things we'll be doing is demonstrating how to make marzipan roses in
preparation for Queen's Champion and Masked Ball the following weekend.  And I'll be
trolling, er, requesting assistance for several days prior to the event for
help chopping and slicing.  The sideboard is mostly salad type stuff, and lots
of fruit for making your own fruit salad or fruit dessert if marzipan is not up
your alley or on your diet. Of course, those kinds of foods have to be
prepared really at the last minute to be at their best.  I expect to be slicing and
dicing mostly on Thursday and Friday, with a little on the site, and I'll need
a little help keeping the tables stocked.  We won't put out all the food at
once, but will keep up the restocking to prevent any nasties from forming.

We will, of course, have roast beef (thanks to Countess Regina!), sliced ham,
and sliced turkey breast, cheeses, and breads for the carnivores out there.
The breads will be sliced so you can make sandwiches or a plate...whatever
suits your needs.  We will also have iced water, Gatorade, and either lemonade or
iced tea to keep everyone cool.

None of this is really taxing or difficult.  Kalida even assures me that she
can teach ME how to make the roses actually look like roses!  So come
prepared, and don't forget your swimsuit and a towel!

HL Saqra

P.S.  Would someone post this to the Elfsea list?  I can't seem to get
anything up there.

P.S.S.  Would the person who offered a bag of silk flowers please contact me
off list?  At the time you offered, I was functioning (sort of) under a
serious case of sleep deprivation and can't remember who you are.